Take a walk in the most beautiful and ancient market of Rome, Campo de Fiori: have fun and try the goodness of local producers, taste the typical Italian wines, meet new people. Campo de Fiori is probably the oldest and most traditional market in Rome, where the so-called vignarole, ladies who came from the countryside every day, sold their vegetables. It is located in the heart of Rome, very close to Piazza Navona. Today there are not only banquets of fruit and vegetables, but also cheeses, meats, flowers and other typical products of Rome.
Explore the Campo de Fiori market on a guided tour, savoring the typical products: experience the adventure of tasting, understanding the genuineness of the raw materials and the product of controlled origin. You can get a taste of extra virgin olive oil, we will stop at Norcino to taste some of the best and most special Italian cold cuts accompanied by a good glass of wine, you will be able to go through fruit and vegetable banquets, taste amari (bitter) and liqueurs.
Specifically, you can taste two types of balsamic vinegar, two types of extra virgin olive oil, two pate (the classic pesto and another based on seasonality), two liqueurs (a limoncello and a cream to taste of the guest). During this walk you can buy the delicious products from Italy.
Once the tour of the market is over, you can create your pizza in a Restaurant in the full heart of Rome with a dough already pre-raised. Prepare your pizza for lunch. Become a pizza maker by choosing the topping and bake your pizza. Taste the flavor of Rome sitting in a wonderful place in the heart of the Eternal City.
What: Walk and Taste in Campo de Fiori Market and pizza making class
Campo de Fiori Market, Piazza di Campo de Fiori– Ristorante Pasquino, Piazza di Pasquino 1
When: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Start time: 10:30 AM
Duration: 2h (1 h of tour and 1h to make pizza and have the meal)
How: Speaking guide (English- Italian)
Theoretical and practical class on the dough working
Why: You have to walk around Campo de Fiori Market and taste typical goods with our English instructor that suggest you the best products that Italian tradition can offer just freshly delivered in the morning. The products at the Market depend on availability but typically included.
Banqueting tour with tastings
– Two types of balsamic vinegar
– Two types of extra virgin olive oil
– Two pate (the classic pesto and another based on seasonality)
– Two liqueurs (a limoncello and a cream to taste of the guest)
Taste from Norcino:
- Sliced salami
- Salami with truffle
- Salami with Barolo wine
- Spicy salame
- Roman salami
- Pork pairs (Coppiette)
- Sliced salami
- Pecorino cheese
- Caciotta with truffle
- Parmigiano cheese
After the walk, you will make your own pizza with ready rised up dough for at least 24h. Put the topping you will prefer and you will be able to help the chef to bake the pizza.
You can choose which type of pizza you’d like to learn:
- Marinara (tomato, garlic and oregano);
- Margherita (tomato, mozzarella, basil)
- Diavola (tomato, mozzarella, spicy salami, chili)
- Napoli (tomato, mozzarella, anchovies)
- Tour around the Campo de Fiori Market
- Tasting of vinegar, extra vergin olive oil, liqueurs, patè
- Cheese and sliced salami tasting
- Pizza making menu: Bruschetta, Pizza, Water
- Extra Drinks available a la carte (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- During the lunch after your pizza making
How to arrive
- By bus: we suggest Moovit’s bus monitoring application
- By taxi: call 063570
- By foot: check the route on Google Maps
Please specify in your booking various intolerances and allergies.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience