Quiche is a sophisticated and versatile dish that effortlessly combines a buttery, flaky crust with a velvety, custard-like filling. Originating from French cuisine, quiche serves as a canvas for a myriad of flavor combinations. The classic rendition often features a savory custard mixture enriched with eggs and cream, poured over a medley of ingredients such as cheese, vegetables, and meats. Whether it’s a Quiche Lorraine with smoky bacon or a Quiche Florentine with spinach and cheese, the result is a harmonious marriage of textures and flavors. Served warm or at room temperature, quiche makes for an elegant and satisfying meal that seamlessly transitions from brunch to dinner, making it a timeless favorite among food enthusiasts.
A healthier twist on a classic quiche. Loaded with bacon, asparagus, greens, and an extra sharp white cheddar cheese. This dish is Keto friendly, low-carb, and simply delicious!
Crustless Bacon and Asparagus Quiche
- 6 slices bacon
- 12 stalks asparagus
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup diced spinach and arugula greens
- 2 cups aged white cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On the stovetop, heat a 10-11-inch cast iron skillet or oven proof skillet with cooking spray to medium high heat. Once hot, add the bacon and cook to desired crispiness 3-5 minutes per side. Remove from heat, reserve 1 tablespoon of rendered bacon.
- Toss in the chopped asparagus to the hot skillet, and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove the skillet from heat.
- Ina large bowl, whisk together the eggs and half and half until smooth. Toss in most of the bacon (reserve 1/4 cup of the bacon for the topping), 1 cup of the cheese and the chopped greens. Pour the egg mixture inside the hot skillet with the asparagus. Give it a quick stir and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until the quiche is puffing up and mostly firm. Remove and top with remaining cheese and bacon. Place back inside the oven for another 2-3minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.