This classic stuffing recipe will complete just about any meal! Celery, onions, and butter are tossed with dried bread cubes, then topped with broth and baked until hot and golden.
Easy Homemade Baked Stuffing
- 2 small onions diced
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1-1/2 tsp poultry seasoning (1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning or 1/2 teaspoon ground sage)
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 12 cups bread cubes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs (sage, thyme, rosemary)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery and poultry seasoning (and rosemary if using). Cook over medium-low until tender (do not brown), about 10-12minutes.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Add onion mixture, parsley and fresh herbs.
- Pour broth overtop until cubes are moist (but not soggy) and gently toss. You may not need all of the broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place mixture in a serving dish, dot with additional butter and cover.
- Bake 35 minutes, uncover and bake an additional10 minutes.