Kick it up a bit with something meaty, spicy, and filling. This chili features beef, beer, bacon, and three types of chilies!
Hellfire Habanero Chili
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 6 jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped
- 6 habanero peppers seeded and chopped
- 8 Anaheim peppers seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1-1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp beef bouillon
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 32 oz canned whole peeled tomatoes drained
- 32 oz canned chili beans drained
- 12 oz beer
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 1 oz chili paste
- 2 cups water
- Place bacon in a large soup pot. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain excess grease, leaving enough to coat bottom of pot Remove bacon, drain on paper towels and chop.
- Brown beef and pork in pot over medium-high heat. When meat is browned, stir in the bell pepper, onion, jalapeno peppers, habanero peppers, Anaheim peppers, garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes, chili powder, bouillon, crushed tomatoes,whole tomatoes, beer, tomato paste, chili paste and water.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans and bacon and continue simmering for another 30 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!