Who are Alberto and Linda?
They are the experts on all things Italian and travel!
- Alberto is a native Italian. His career in Travel began at the of 17 working in his father’s Chauffeur driving business. He developed a passion for sharing Italy with their guests from all over the world. Today, he is a certified tour leader and chauffeur driver fluent in Italian, English, and Spanish.
- Linda a dual citizen of both Australia and Italy. She is a tour leader, chauffeur driver, and culinary guide . For over 20 years she has been taking travelers from all over the world on multi day vacations.
What is Aperitivo Time?
In the late afternoons on the streets of Italy, people sit down in bars and restaurants for aperitivo: a cocktail or beverage and light cuisine. For food lovers, there are undoubtedly few things better than watching the sunset, enjoying an amazing snack, and sipping on a delicious drink.
This two and a half hour guided tour is a reflection of that tradition. You will stroll with your guides and stop at a variety of hand-picked locations in the historical centre of Florence:
- Your first stop will be at a local bar to enjoy a Super Tuscan and learn about the Wine selection in Tuscany. There you will enjoy a charcuterie platter with local salumi, pecorino cheese, and bruschetta.
- Next you will continue to a quaint square in the artistic quarter of Santo Spirito to taste and learn all about their famous ‘Spritz’. A refreshing beverage made with Prosecco from Valdobbiadine DOCG, soda, and bitters.
- Then you will continue down the Via dei Tornabuoni to a local wine bar. The owners of which have been producing wine there for over 30 generations. We will pass by their private palace and check out their ancient Historical wine door. There are hundreds of ancient wine windows in Tuscany! This was where you could buy take away your Chianti wine after hours.
- The last stop will be to savour Italian mixology and enjoy a historical cocktail of Florence called Negroni. Of course all of the tastings are served with local snacks.