This delicious salad is easy to prepare and makes a great presentation when served at a dinner party… you’d almost think it was a dessert!
Mesclun Mix with Goat Cheese, Apricots, Prosciutto and Vino Cotto
- 5 slices slices prosciutto, thinly-sliced
- 6 oz mesclun mix (fresh baby lettuces andgreens)
- Goat cheese (or substitute grated Pecorino Romano, Grana Padano, Parmesan or Feta cheese) to taste
- 6 oz dried apricots cut to 1/4-inch pieces
- Olive oil to taste
- Vino Cotto di Montillo to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Cuta prosciutto slice in half lengthwise, then cut into thirds crosswise (6 sections per slice). Tightly roll up each section, then cut it in half. Repeat.
- Onto each salad plate, add a handful of lettuce, a few morsels of goat cheese, apricot pieces, and prosciutto rolls.
- To serve, drizzle with olive oil and vino cotto, then top with black pepper.
CREDIT: Montillo Italian Foods
Want to make this recipe? Pick up the item featured in it: