A delicious & spicy new spin on salmon cakes. This recipe features the unique IT SAUCE – filled with rare Criolla peppers. They are medium-heat peppers from the Andes Mountains. They are more than just spice! The peppers are indeed spicy, but they are also aromatic, sweet, and tangy with hints of mango and citrus.
Smoked Salmon Cakes
- 1 side of salmon
- 1 cup Celery diced
- 1 cup Red onion minced
- 1 cup Poblano peppers minced
- 1 cup Cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 16 oz Goat cheese (chevre) room temperature
- 1/2 cup IT SAUCE or hot sauce of your choice
- 1/4 cup Whole grain mustard
- 4 Limes juice and zest
- 3 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp Fish sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the side of salmon with salt and pepper, throw it on your smoker at about 200°F for 15 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Remove the salmon skin (if there is skin)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the salmon with all of the rest of the ingredients, minus the bread crumbs.
- Add the bread crumbs as a binder, as needed.
- Shape your salmon cakes and roll them in panko.
- Sear in a pan on medium-high heat with cooking oil. Brown both sides.
- Pop them in the oven at 350°F for 10 minutes.