Wild mushrooms pair beautifully with the deep rich flavor of Fiscalini Lionza cheese. Perfect just about any day of the week.
Wild Mushroom Risotto with Fiscalini Lionza
- 2 cups Wild Mushrooms Brushed, Cleaned, Sliced
- 1 tsp Fresh Garlic Minced
- 1 tsp Fresh Shallots Minced
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme Leaves Chopped
- 2 cups Arborio, Risotto
- 10 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 bag Spinach Cleaned
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Fiscalini Lionza Grated
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- 1 tbsp White Truffle Oil
- In a thick bottom pot, saute the mushrooms in Extra Virgin Olive Oil until they shrink to about half their original size.
- Add garlic, shallots, and thyme, then saute until lightly brown. Add risotto to coat.
- Deglaze pan with white wine.
- Gradually add hot chicken broth one ladle at a time, when liquid is gone add another ladle.
- Repeat process for about 30 minutes, taste test rice kernels to see if they are aldente.
- To Finish: Fold Spinach, Butter, and Fiscalini Lionza Cheese.
- Adjust seasonings with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Drizzle a little White Truffle Oil on top.
- Grate more cheese on top, if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!