Wild Mushroom Risotto is a luxurious and earthy Italian dish that elevates the classic rice dish with the rich, complex flavors of assorted wild mushrooms. Arborio rice, known for its creamy texture, is gently cooked in a flavorful broth infused with aromatic herbs, white wine, and savory mushroom stock. The star of the dish, an assortment of wild mushrooms like chanterelles, porcini, or shiitake, adds a deep, umami richness. As the rice absorbs the broth, the mushrooms impart their distinct earthiness, creating a velvety and indulgent risotto. Finished with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and a touch of butter, Wild Mushroom Risotto is a culinary masterpiece that captures the essence of comfort and sophistication on every forkful.
Wild mushrooms pair beautifully with the deep rich flavor of Fiscalini Lionza cheese. Perfect just about any day of the week.
Wild Mushroom Risotto with Fiscalini Lionza
- 2 cups Wild Mushrooms Brushed, Cleaned, Sliced
- 1 tsp Fresh Garlic Minced
- 1 tsp Fresh Shallots Minced
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme Leaves Chopped
- 2 cups Arborio, Risotto
- 10 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 bag Spinach Cleaned
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Fiscalini Lionza Grated
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- 1 tbsp White Truffle Oil
- In a thick bottom pot, saute the mushrooms in Extra Virgin Olive Oil until they shrink to about half their original size.
- Add garlic, shallots, and thyme, then saute until lightly brown. Add risotto to coat.
- Deglaze pan with white wine.
- Gradually add hot chicken broth one ladle at a time, when liquid is gone add another ladle.
- Repeat process for about 30 minutes, taste test rice kernels to see if they are aldente.
- To Finish: Fold Spinach, Butter, and Fiscalini Lionza Cheese.
- Adjust seasonings with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Drizzle a little White Truffle Oil on top.
- Grate more cheese on top, if desired.