Labor Day is often seen as the unofficial end of summer in the United States, and it’s a great time to celebrate with delicious foods and recipes perfect for outdoor gatherings and picnics. However, no holiday gathering is complete without a fabulous dessert! Labor Day desserts should be delicious, refreshing, and perfect for the end-of-summer celebration. Here are some delightful dessert options to consider this year:
- Fruit Popsicles: Make homemade popsicles using fresh fruit and fruit juices. They are a great way to beat the heat and are loved by both kids and adults.
- Ice Cream Sandwiches: It is easy to create your own ice cream sandwiches by placing a scoop of your favorite ice cream between two cookies or brownies. You can use store-bought cookies or bake your own.
- Grilled Fruit: Take advantage of the already-fired-up grill and try grilling slices of pineapple, peaches, or watermelon. The heat caramelizes the fruit’s natural sugars, giving it a smoky sweetness.
- Mixed Berry Tart: Use a buttery tart crust as a base and top it with a luscious mixture of fresh berries like strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Lemon Bars: These tangy and sweet treats are always a hit. The buttery shortbread crust pairs perfectly with the zesty lemon filling.
- No-Bake Cheesecake: Opt for a no-bake cheesecake that doesn’t require turning on the oven. Top it with your favorite fruit compote or fresh berries.
- Key Lime Pie: This classic dessert is a refreshing choice for a Labor Day celebration. The creamy, tart filling and graham cracker crust are a delightful combination.
- Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries: Elevate fresh strawberries by dipping them in melted chocolate. Allow them to cool and harden before serving.
- Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips: Create a fruit salsa with diced mango, kiwi, strawberries, and a splash of lime juice. Serve with cinnamon-sugar-coated tortilla chips.
- Mixed Berry Crisp: A warm mixed berry crisp with a crispy oat topping is a comforting and delicious dessert. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Frozen Yogurt Bark: Mix Greek yogurt with honey and spread it on a baking sheet. Top it with fresh fruit and freeze until firm. Break it into pieces for a healthy and cooling dessert.
Have a sweet celebration, and enjoy your Labor Day!
What desserts do you typically serve for Labor Day celebrations? Let us know in the comments below!