This recipe shows you how to par-cook your potatoes so you can get a perfectly-crispy, homemade potato at home, every single time. Plus the avocado relish is the perfect topper to steak and a variety of other proteins, or just to eat with chips, you’ll want to keep the recipe for whenever you have avocados that need to be used up.
Grilled Beef with Avocado Relish and Crispy Fingerlings
- 3-1/2 cups Canola Oil divided
- 2 Avocados
- 3 tbsp Chives finely chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion finely diced
- 1 Jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 tbsp IT SAUCE or your favorite hot sauce
- 3 tbsp Cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1 lb Fingerling Potatoes Par cooked in advance
- Steak of your choice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
PRIOR DAY PREP
- Slice your fingerling potatoes in half the long way. Bring a sauce pot of oil (canola or vegetable) to a boil, and add potatoes. Cook until fork tender (roughly20-25 minutes). Strain potatoes from oil, pat dry, and keep in fridge overnight.
- Dice your avocados, and combine with chives, red onion, jalapeño, IT SAUCE,cilantro, honey and the juice of one lime.
- Get your grill hot, and heat up a large cast iron skillet with your 1/2 cup of canola oil. Once the oil is hot, add your fingerlings cut side down. The oil should bubble/sizzle when you add the potatoes. You can stir when the cut side is nice a crispy-brown.
- Start grilling your seasoned steak to your desired doneness.
- Once your potatoes are cooked, and your steak is ready, you can plate all the elements of the dish- Enjoy!