Making chocolate truffles sounds difficult but it is actually a lot easier than you may believe… and oh so yummy! These delicious little treats were originally created using Stranahan whiskey but you could always use your favorite brand of whiskey instead.
Stranahan Whiskey Truffles
- 3.5 oz heavy cream
- 0.5 oz light corn syrup
- 1 vanilla bean split and seeds scraped
- 5.3 oz 64% bittersweet chocolate
- 3.5 oz milk chocolate
- 1.8 oz Stranahan’s Whiskey (or other Whiskey of your choice)
- Chop the chocolates and place in a metal bowl.
- Heat heavy cream, light corn syrup and the seeds from the vanilla bean just to a boil.
- Pour the cream mixture over chocolate, let sit for 5 minutes and blend together.
- Add whiskey and blend.
- Cool to 87 degrees and pipe small balls of ganache on a silpat or parchment lined pan and let cure/harden.
- Coat with chocolate or roll in cocoa powder to finish.