Crisp, delicious, and healthier than deep-fried. These fish tacos are sure to be a hit.
Air Fryer Fish Tacos
- Air Fryer
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 oz chopped green chilies
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg white beaten
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 large large tomato finely chopped
- Place sour cream, chilies, cilantro and lime juice in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Set aside.
- Cut each tilapia fillet lengthwise into 2 portions. Place flour, egg white and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip tilapia in flour, then egg white, then crumbs.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. In batches, arrange fillets in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, 10-12 minutes, turning once.
- Combine seasonings; sprinkle over fish. Place a portion of fish on each tortilla; top with about 2 tablespoons sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with tomato. If desired, top with additional cilantro.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!