Bacon Wrapped Dates with Chevre is a tantalizing appetizer that marries sweet, savory, and creamy flavors in a delightful bite-sized package. Succulent dates, typically Medjool, are stuffed with creamy chevre (goat cheese) and then carefully wrapped in smoky bacon. As the bacon crisps in the oven, it imparts its savory richness to the sweet dates and the tangy goat cheese, creating a harmonious blend of textures and flavors. This elegant and indulgent appetizer is a play of contrasts, offering a perfect balance between the sweetness of the dates, the saltiness of the bacon, and the creamy tang of the chevre. Bacon Wrapped Dates with Chevre are a surefire crowd-pleaser, showcasing the magic that happens when sweet and savory elements come together.
You really cannot go wrong with bacon! These bites are sweet, savory, creamy, salty, and amazing.
Bacon Wrapped Dates with Chevra (Goat’s Cheese)
- 8 slices bacon (cut in half)
- 16 dates
- 4 oz goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a plate with paper towels and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the dates open lengthwise to remove the pit and also create a pocket.
- Stuff goat cheese into the pocket of each date.
- Wrap each date with a half slice of bacon, securing with a toothpick through the top.
- Place bacon wrapped dates on a rimmed bacon sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and place dates on their side before baking for another 6-7 minutes. Continue this process until all sides are browned and crisped to your liking.
- Once baking is completed, place dates on the prepared plate and allow some of the excess grease to absorb into the paper towels. Serve warm.