Baked Honey Garlic Tofu is a savory and flavorful vegetarian dish that combines the heartiness of tofu with the sweet and savory notes of a honey garlic glaze. In this recipe, firm tofu cubes are marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, honey, minced garlic, and sometimes ginger, allowing the flavors to infuse into the tofu.
The marinated tofu is then baked until it achieves a golden-brown and slightly crispy exterior, while maintaining a tender and chewy interior. The honey garlic glaze caramelizes during baking, creating a sticky and irresistibly sweet coating that enhances the overall taste.
Baked Honey Garlic Tofu offers a delightful contrast of textures and a perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors. This dish appeals not only to vegetarians but also to those seeking a flavorful and satisfying alternative to traditional protein sources. It stands as a delicious testament to the versatility of tofu in creating tasty and wholesome meals.
Crispy, crunchy, baked tofu is perfect as a snack or served with rice as a flavorful vegetarian dinner. They are a bit sweet, a bit spicy, and so very delicious.
Baked Honey Garlic Tofu
- 12 oz block tofu cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 cloves garlic pressed or finely minced
- Preheat oven to 425°F, line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the tofu, corn starch, garlic powder, onion powder and 1 teaspoon of the coconut oil. Toss well to coat the tofu.
- Take the remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and coat the parchment lined sheet pan with a thin layer of the oil. Place the tofu on the sheet pan in a single layer, and roast for 40 minutes, flipping halfway.
- To make the honey garlic sauce, add the Worcestershire sauce, raw honey, sesame seeds,and garlic in a small bowl and stir well to combine.
- Once tofu has finished cooking, add it back to the large mixing bowl and pour honey garlic sauce over. Toss the tofu so it's coated in the sauce. Serve over rice, lo mein, or roasted vegetables!