Experience the epitome of comfort and elegance with our Baked Squash Risotto. Imagine creamy Arborio rice infused with the earthy sweetness of baked squash, creating a symphony of flavors that dance on your palate. This one-pan wonder is a testament to simplicity meeting sophistication, as the oven does the work, yielding a perfectly rich and velvety risotto. Embrace the cozy warmth and aromatic bliss as you indulge in each spoonful, savoring the delightful union of creamy rice and tender baked squash. Elevate your dinner with this effortlessly impressive dish that embodies the essence of comfort and culinary finesse. This Baked Squash Risotto is a perfect healthy side to accompany a wide variety of meals.
Baked Squash Risotto
- 2 cups Butternut Squash (280 g)
- 2 cups uncooked Arborio Rice (400 g)
- 1 cup diced Onion (150 g)
- 2 cloves of chopped Garlic
- 2 cups Chicken Stock – (500 ml)
- 1 cup (240 ml) dry White Wine (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Sage
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Thyme
- ¼ teaspoon Saffron
- Pinch of Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup grated fresh Parmesan Cheese (28 g)
- Preheat oven to 500 F (220 degrees C).
- Peal and clean the squash. Chop into ½ inch (1.5 cm) cubes and toss with a little olive oil. Place on parchment paper on a baking tray. Bake until squash is just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic, saute for about 5 minutes then add white wine and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add rice and stir for 1 ½ minutes.
- Add squash and chicken stock, saffron, sage, chopped thyme, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Cook uncovered for 25 minutes until rice is fully cooked.
- Serve with grated Parmesan Cheese.