Baked Squash Risotto a perfect healthy meal as a side or main dish.
Baked Squash Risotto
- 2 cups Butternut Squash (280 g)
- 2 cups uncooked Arborio Rice (400 g)
- 1 cup diced Onion (150 g)
- 2 cloves of chopped Garlic
- 2 cups Chicken Stock – (500 ml)
- 1 cup (240 ml) dry White Wine (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Sage
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Thyme
- ¼ teaspoon Saffron
- Pinch of Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup grated fresh Parmesan Cheese (28 g)
- Preheat oven to 500 F (220 degrees C).
- Peal and clean the squash. Chop into ½ inch (1.5 cm) cubes and toss with a little olive oil. Place on parchment paper on a baking tray. Bake until squash is just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic, saute for about 5 minutes then add white wine and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add rice and stir for 1 ½ minutes.
- Add squash and chicken stock, saffron, sage, chopped thyme, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Cook uncovered for 25 minutes until rice is fully cooked.
- Serve with grated Parmesan Cheese.