Savory with just a hint of sweet… this recipe is a delicious new way to enjoy salmon!
Balsamic and Raisin Glazed Salmon
- 1 cup California raisins
- 2 lb salmon filet cut into desired pieces or left whole
- salt/pepper to taste
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- sliced green onions to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- Place raisins into a small sauce pan. Add enough water to cover raisins.
- Over high heat bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cook for approximately 6-8 minutes until plump. Drain.
- Transfer to blender and pulse untils mooth. Transfer to small bowl.
- To raisin puree, add balsamic vinegar and garlic. Whisk to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or a silicone mat. Place salmon filet on baking sheet. Season with salt/pepper. Brush half of balsamic/raisin mixture onto salmon. Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Brush with remaining balsamic/raisin mixture and return to oven for additional 5 minutes or until salmon flakeseasily with fork.
- Garnish with onions if desired.
CREDIT: Montillo Italian Foods
Want to make this recipe? Pick up the item featured in it:
|Vino Cotto di Montillo : Sweet “Cooked Wine” Syrup|