3 ways to use delicious Vino Cotto to brighten your salads or meats – make a unique balsamic vinegar, a fresh and wonderful balsamic vinaigrette, or an amazing balsamic glaze!
Balsamic Vinegar, Vinaigrette, and Glaze Recipes
- ½ cup Vino Cotto di Montillo
- ½ cup red wine vinegar to taste
- ¼ cup classic or extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt (optional)
- Easily create your own balsamic vinegar by combining authentic Vino Cotto di Montillo with your favorite red wine vinegar. Start with equal parts of each ingredient then adjust to taste. For a sweeter balsamic vinegar, add more vino cotto. For a more vinegary taste, increase the amount of red wine vinegar. Mix well to emulsify the ingredients before serving.
- For a delicious balsamic vinaigrette for salads, follow the ingredients list to the left and adjust each to taste. Mix well before serving.
- This glaze tastes delicious over ham, pork tenderloin or pork chops, beef, salmon or shrimp, and on vegetables such as carrots, Brussels sprouts, and string beans, to name a few. While your meat or vegetables are cooking, prepare your glaze.
- For a sweet, smooth glaze, add 1 cup of Vino Cotto di Montillo to a small sauce pan or if you prefer a sweet, tangy glaze, add 1-2/3 cups of your homemade balsamic vinegar to a small sauce pan. No matter which flavor you go with, simply simmer each over low heat. Stir frequently. Be careful not to cook it down too quickly or it will take on an almost burnt taste. Slowly reduce it until it thickens enough to lightly coat the back of your spoon.
- Serve Over Meat: After your meat is done cooking, slice it then transfer it to a serving tray or dish. Drizzle some heated glaze over the meat. Put the remaining glaze into a gravy boat and serve hot.Serve Over Vegetables: When the vegetables are cooked, transfer them to a serving tray or dish. Drizzle some heated glaze over them. Toss to evenly coat them. Serve hot.
CREDIT: Montillo Italian Foods
Want to make this recipe? Pick up the item featured in it:
|Vino Cotto di Montillo : Sweet “Cooked Wine” Syrup|