Banana Bread is a homely delight that transforms overripe bananas into a moist and flavorful loaf of comfort. The hallmark of this beloved baked good is its sweet, almost caramelized aroma that fills the kitchen as it bakes. Mashed ripe bananas infuse the batter with natural sweetness, while a blend of simple ingredients like flour, sugar, eggs, and a hint of cinnamon or nutmeg adds depth to the flavor profile. The result is a tender and moist bread, often studded with chopped nuts or chocolate chips for added texture. Whether enjoyed warm with a pat of butter or toasted, Banana Bread is a timeless treat that not only repurposes kitchen staples but also wraps the senses in the nostalgic warmth of home baking.
This recipe always comes out so soft, moist, and delicious. The best part – it is super simple to make!
I like to leave big chunks of banana for a powerful banana punch!
- Loaf pan
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 3 Large Ripe Bananas
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or grease with butter and set aside.
- Add the stick of butter to a large bowl and microwave for 1 minute, or until melted.
- Add the bananas to the same bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg to the bowl and use the same fork to mash and stir until no yellow streaks of egg remain.
- In a second large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together with a spatula just until combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
in a layer of plastic wrap, and then store it in a freezer size zip-top bag, or a large plastic container with a tight-fitting lid. It will last on the counter for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 6 days. Alternately, you can wrap and freeze for up to 2 months. LOAF PAN: For this recipe you will need a standard size (approx. 9″x5″) inch loaf pan. Alternately, you can use a standard-sized muffin tin and bake the muffins for 25-30 minutes. ADDITIONS: You can add 1 cup of chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the batter before baking, if desired.