Start your day with a hearty and healthy omelet – stuffed with smoky chicken sausage, muenster cheese, and sautéed greens.
Smoked Chicken Sausage Omelete with Greens and Cheese
- 4 oz smoked chicken sausage
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 4 large eggs beaten to blend, divided
- Kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Muenster cheese shredded, divided
- 1/3 cup sautéed greens (such as spinach, kale, or Swiss chard), divided
- Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in an 8″ nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Add half of eggs to skillet. Cook eggs, stirring gently with a heatproof spatula, until eggs are lightly scrambled and almost cooked through, about 3 minutes. Spread eggs evenly to cover bottom of skillet.
- Top eggs with half of the Muenster, sausage, and greens.
- Using spatula, fold over one-third of omelet. Roll omelet onto itself, then slide onto a plate.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make a second omelet.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!