Indulge your senses with this Coffee and Cocoa Rubbed Ribs – a carnivore’s dream that brings the rich, robust flavors of coffee and cocoa to the smoky embrace of perfectly grilled ribs. Imagine succulent racks of pork, lovingly coated in a bold rub that marries the aromatic intensity of coffee with the deep, earthy notes of cocoa. As the ribs char and caramelize on the grill, the result is a symphony of sweet, smoky, and savory perfection. Brace yourself for a taste experience that transcends the ordinary – each bite is a journey into a realm where coffee and cocoa meet barbecue bliss, creating a sensation that’s nothing short of extraordinary.
Ground coffee is simply amazing in rubs and marinades… and the cocoa adds a wonderful depth of flavor to the meat. This rib recipe is perfect for either beef or pork ribs and is sure to please.
Coffee and Cocoa Rubbed Ribs
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup ground Café Svenska
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp salt (plus more for seasoning)
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper (plus more for seasoning)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 lbs beef or pork ribs
- olive oil
Coffee BBQ Sauce
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup Mokk-a Café Svenska (freshly brewed)
- ¼ cup dark molasses
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Combine chili powder, coffee, paprika, brown sugar, mustard, salt, black pepper, cocoa powder, and oregano in a bowl.
- Brush the ribs with olive oil and then season both sides with salt and pepper. Rub the spice mixture onto both sides of ribs. Let marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Place on a preheated grill away from hot coals. Cook 30 minutes per side or until fully cooked and tender. Serve with Coffee BBQ Sauce! Enjoy!!
Coffee BBQ Sauce
- Sauté garlic in olive oil until just lightly browned. Pour vinegars into the pan to and cook, stirring for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and cook for 10 minutes to blend the ingredients. Remove sauce from heat and strain through a fine sieve. Serve hot or at room temperature.
CREDIT : Mokk-a
Want to make this recipe? Pick up the item featured in it: