Crispy cookies with a lovely bittersweet coffee flavor. Yum!
- 130 grams All purpose flour
- 12 grams Cocoa powder
- 45 grams Cornstarch
- 5 grams Instant coffee powder
- 10 ml Hot water
- 75 grams Unsalted butter
- 70 grams Powdered sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Combine the hot water and coffee together. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder and corn starch. Mix well and set aside.
- Next, take a bigger bowl, add the butter, sugar and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Add the egg yolk and continue whisking. Add the coffee mixture to it and whisk.
- Fold in the flour mixture. It should form a smooth dough. If not, you may have to add in a few more tablespoons of flour (only if needed). Cling wrap the bowl and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Once chilled, take small portions of the dough and form into coffee bean-like shapes (elongated ovals - see photo on recipe). Place the cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and freeze for 5 mins.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven at 160°C for 10 to 15 mins.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!