Chicken and Vegetable Couscous is a wholesome and flavorful dish that combines tender chicken, vibrant vegetables, and fluffy couscous in a harmonious medley. Succulent pieces of chicken are often seasoned with a blend of aromatic spices, providing depth and richness to the dish. Colorful vegetables such as carrots, zucchini, and bell peppers add both visual appeal and a variety of textures. The couscous, a staple in North African cuisine, serves as a light and fluffy base, absorbing the savory flavors of the chicken and vegetables. This dish is a celebration of diverse ingredients, offering a well-balanced and nutritious meal that captures the essence of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern culinary influences.
Here is a healthy, quick and easy any-day-of-the-week recipe filled with delicious chicken and vegetables. The recipe is intended to be served over couscous but it would also be tasty served over rice or pasta.
Easy Chicken and Vegetable Couscous
- 1 L Aneto Chicken Broth
- 8 chicken legs
- 1 onion
- 3 tbsp Ras al Hannout
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 courgette
- 180 g pumpkin
- 2 carrots
- 2 cups instant couscous
- 2 cups water
- 100 g chickpeas cooked and drained
- 40 g almonds
- 8 prunes (pitted) or a handful of raisins
- 1 tbsp parsley
- olive oil
- Harissa (optional)
- Cut the pumpkin, carrot, and courgette into bite-sized pieces, cut the onion into julienne strips and chop the parsley.
- Heat the water with a pinch of salt and a drop of oil, spread the couscous on a tray, wet until covered to hydrate, with the help of a fork separate the grain, until it is loose. In 5 minutes it will be ready.
- Season the chicken, brown it in a pot with olive oil, add the onion to sauté until it is transparent, sprinkle in the spices, add the tomato sauce and mix well. Pour in Aneto Chicken Broth, bring to a boil for 20 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, chickpeas, almonds, and prunes, boil 10 minutes more, garnish with parsley and serve with couscous to taste, accompany with Harissa (optional). Enjoy!