Ginger Saffron Ice Cream is a luscious and exotic frozen treat that harmoniously blends the warmth of ginger with the delicate fragrance of saffron. This unique ice cream combines a creamy base with the subtle heat of ginger and the distinct floral notes of saffron, creating a tantalizing flavor profile. The result is a luxurious and aromatic dessert that offers a refreshing and indulgent experience with every spoonful. Ginger Saffron Ice Cream is a delightful departure from traditional flavors, showcasing the artistry of culinary creativity by marrying spicy warmth and floral elegance in a cool and creamy form.
Homemade ice cream is simply the best! Made with all-natural ingredients, fresh, and tailored to your specific likes… how can you go wrong? This flavorful recipe features the bright and wonderful flavors of fresh ginger and earthy umami saffron.
Ginger Saffron Ice Cream
- Ice cream maker
- 480 ml milk
- 240 ml whipping cream
- 1/2 fresh vanilla pod
- 9 extra large egg yolks
- 225 g cane sugar
- 120 ml water
- 80 g fresh peeled, chopped, ginger (approx.)
- 1/2 tsp saffron threads
- 1 pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- Bring milk, cream, saffron and vanilla to a simmer in a heavy medium saucepan.
- Gradually whisk egg yolks and 45g of the sugar into the hot milk mixture in a medium bowl.
- Return to the saucepan and stir over a medium-low heat until custard thickness, do not allow to boil.
- Strain custard into a bowl and when cool, place in the fridge to chill.
- Stir remaining sugar, water, ginger and nutmeg in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture resembles a syrup.
- Strain mixture into custard and return to the fridge.
- Churn the custard in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer to containers and freeze.