Glazed Honey Balsamic Chicken with Potatoes is a one-pan meal with tender and juicy chicken glazed in a sweet and tangy honey balsamic sauce. Surrounded by crisp and tender potatoes this is one delicious meal!
Yields: 4-5 Servings
Glazed Honey Balsamic Chicken with Potatoes
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar* (see note at bottom)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (chicken breasts will also work if you prefer)
- 2 cups baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- rosemary for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together the balsamic, honey, mustard and garlic. Whisk until combined. Add chicken thighs to the bowl and coat in the sauce. Let marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl add the red potatoes, rosemary, and one tablespoon olive oil. Toss until coated. Set aside.
- In a large skillet add one tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Add the chicken and marinade and sear each side for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes to the skillet. Tent the skillet with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and allow to roast for another 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. (If potatoes take longer to cook, remove chicken and continue to cook untiltender.)
- Garnish with rosemary.
*Make your own healthy balsamic vinegar by mixing vino cotto with your favorite red wine vinegar.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CREDIT: Montillo Italian Foods
Want to make this recipe? Pick up the item featured in it:
|Vino Cotto di Montillo : Sweet “Cooked Wine” Syrup|