Hummus is a delicious and healthy dip perfect for pairing with a crudités platter, cheese tray, pita bread, or chips. This recipe is almost foolproof and ready in only 5 minutes!
- 1 15oz. can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika plus extra for dusting
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse well, remove skin if desired, then set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, add the tahini, lemon juice, and 1/2 the olive oil and pulse until blended.
- Next, add in the remaining olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt, and paprika, and continue blending until combined.
- Add 1/2 of the chickpeas to the blender and process until smooth.
- Add the remaining chickpeas to the blender and continue pulsing, add additional tablespoons of water if needed to reach the desired consistency.
- Pulse until smooth then taste, add additional salt if desired.
- Top with an additional drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of paprika.
- Serve with your favorite pita chips, chips, veggies, or crackers