Hummus is a delicious and healthy dip perfect for pairing with a crudités platter, cheese tray, pita bread, or chips. This recipe is almost foolproof and ready in only 5 minutes!
- 1 15oz. can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika plus extra for dusting
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse well, remove skin if desired, then set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, add the tahini, lemon juice, and 1/2 the olive oil and pulse until blended.
- Next, add in the remaining olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt, and paprika, and continue blending until combined.
- Add 1/2 of the chickpeas to the blender and process until smooth.
- Add the remaining chickpeas to the blender and continue pulsing, add additional tablespoons of water if needed to reach the desired consistency.
- Pulse until smooth then taste, add additional salt if desired.
- Top with an additional drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of paprika.
- Serve with your favorite pita chips, chips, veggies, or crackers
Adjust the spices to your preferences with more or less salt, cumin, and paprika.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!