Easy, elegant, and tasty!
Macadamia nut crusted halibut with fresh herbs and coconut sauce
- cooking oil spray
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and halved
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 oz boneless/skinless Pacific halibut fillets
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted macadamia nuts chopped
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1-1/2 tsp chopped fresh parsley divided
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and place oven rack in center position.
- Grease a baking sheet with cooking oil spray. Place jalapeno halves cut side down on prepared baking sheet. Roast in the oven until the skins are bubbly and are charred in some places, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a zip-top bag. Seal and set aside for 10 minutes. Keep the oven on.
- In a small saucepan, bring coconut milk to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced to 1/2 cup, about 20 minutes. Keep warm on low heat.
- Add breadcrumbs and nuts to a food processor, and pulse until a crumbly mixture forms. Add mixture to a shallow, wide-mouthed bowl and stir in parsley and chives.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg and 1 tablespoon water to make an egg wash.
- Season both sides of the fish fillets with salt and pepper.
- Dredge each fillet in egg wash, then coat completely in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a nonstick oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot and shimmering, add fish to pan.
- Saute the fish until golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer pan to the oven and roast for 5 minutes, until fish is cooked through, golden on the outside, and flaky on the inside. Remove from the oven.
- While the fish is cooking, peel the skins off the jalapenos. Add jalapenos to a cleaned out food processor or blender along with the reduced coconut milk, lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Blend until smooth.
- Divide the warm coconut sauce between four plates. Place a halibut fillet on each plate and garnish with freshly chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!