Your family will think you cooked all day making this delicious meatballs and sauce dish! You don’t have to tell them how easy these are to make.
Perfect for so many dishes:
- These meatballs make a fantastic appetizer.
- Serve them over your favorite pasta for an incredible hearty meal.
- Add them to your favorite crusty French or Italian bread for an amazing sandwich.
Meatballs with Frescobene Marinara Sauce
- olive oil as needed
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ lb ground veal
- ½ lb ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- salt to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano
- ¼ cup cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup water
- 20 oz package Frescobene Marinara Sauce (cook according to package)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cook the marinara sauce according to the package.
- Heat large pan with olive oil, add the onions.
- Salt the onions (to taste) and cook for 5 to 7 minutes (until the onions are very soft and translucent).
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the meats, eggs, Parmigiano, parsley and breadcrumbs.
- Add the cooled onion mixture, season generously with salt, and mix well.
- Add the water and mix again (the mixture will be wet ).
- Shape the meat into balls (a little larger than golf ball).
- Coat a large sauté pan with olive oil, bring to a medium-high heat, and brown the meatballs on all sides.
- Place them on a cookie sheet and bake them in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes (or until the meatballs are cooked all the way through).
- Pour the sauce into large serving bowl and add the cooked meatballs.
CREDIT: Frescobene Foods
Want to make this recipe? Pick up the item featured in it: