Parmesan & Pecan Crusted Salmon is a culinary masterpiece that elevates this succulent fish with a symphony of rich and nutty flavors. The salmon fillets are generously coated with a crust featuring a blend of finely grated Parmesan cheese and finely chopped pecans. As the salmon bakes, the crust transforms into a golden, crunchy layer that seals in the natural juices of the fish. The Parmesan imparts a savory depth, while the pecans add a delightful nuttiness. The result is a harmonious marriage of textures and tastes, with the tender, flaky salmon beautifully complemented by the crispy, flavorful crust. Parmesan & Pecan Crusted Salmon is a delectable showcase of culinary ingenuity, turning a simple dish into a gourmet delight.
Savory, rich, and incredibly yummy! This dish is easy to make and quite healthy. The perfect quick dinner to whip up on a busy night.
Parmesan & Pecan Crusted Salmon
- 3 tbsp Dijon style mustard (or your favorite kind of mustard)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted at room temp.
- 1 tbsp raw honey (can use sweetener or any other sugar alternative)
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Pecan Pieces
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley (chopped)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 (4-6 oz) salmon fillets skinless or skin removed
- Lemon wedges (garnish)
- Pre heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together butter, honey, mustard and garlic powder together in a bowl.
- Mix together parsley, breadcrumbs, parmesan and pecans in another bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up and spray with non-stick cooking oil.
- Put salmon on the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush seasoned salmon with the mustard-honey mixture.
- Cover the top of the fillets with breadcrumb-pecan mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes (per inch of thickness measure at the thickest part) or until salmon is flaky. Serve with lemon wedges.