Embark on a flavor-packed adventure with this Roasted Chicken Breast with Bacon Quinoa – a culinary masterpiece that promises to tantalize your taste buds. Succulent, perfectly roasted chicken breast takes center stage, while beneath it, a bed of quinoa sizzles with the smoky richness of crispy bacon. The result? A harmonious symphony of textures and tastes, from the tender chicken to the hearty, bacon-infused quinoa. Every forkful is a journey through savory delight, a gourmet experience that elevates the familiar to extraordinary. Get ready to savor the magic of a meal that combines simplicity with pure, irresistible indulgence.
This a great meal to prep ahead for a quick and delicious dinner any day of the week.
Roasted Chicken Breast with Bacon Quinoa
- 1 Chicken Breast with the Skin On
- 250g Chicken Stock
- 50g Butter
- 50g Quinoa
- 20g Pancetta Diced
- 10g Parmesan
- 1 tsp Chopped Chives
- 2 Spring Onions
- Half a LimeSalt & Pepper
- Place the quinoa on a baking tray and add 100g of the chicken stock. Cover the tray with tin foil and bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes until the quinoa becomes fluffy. Then take it out, cover and leave to one side to cool.
- Render down and caramelize the pancetta, then set it to one side.
- Take the spring onions and split them in half, then char them in a hot pan with a little oil and salt.
- Put some oil in a frying pan, and when it’s hot place the chicken breast skin side down and cook until the skin turns crispy. Then flip it over, add the remaining chicken stock and cook in a hot oven (180) for 10 minutes.
- Take the chicken out the oven and let it rest on a chopping board. Put the frying pan back on the heat and reduce the remaining liquid, finish with a knob of butter, some salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime.
- Put the quinoa into a small pan and warm through, then stir in the bacon and finish with the chopped chives and Parmesan.