Soft and tender, easy roasted pumpkin wedges with Parmesan cheese is one of the easiest and most delicious side dishes to make this Thanksgiving… or anytime this fall. This recipe is also gluten-free and packed with flavor! It’s a no-stress side that is perfect to serve any night of the week, especially on your Thanksgiving holiday table.
Roasted Pumpkin Wedges with Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pound kabocha pumpkin (kent or Japanese pumpkin) sliced into 3/4-inch thick wedges
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese freshly grated (for topping)
- 1 tsp fresh parsley finely chopped (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Slice the pumpkin into 3/4-inch thick wedges. If the pumpkin is too difficult to cut into, you can microwave it for 1 minute or bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes to soften it a bit before cutting into it, scooping out the seeds, and slicing.
- Transfer the pumpkin wedges into a large mixing bowl. Add olive oil, Italian seasoning, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine until well coated.
- Spread the pumpkin evenly into a single layer on a half sheet pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the pumpkin is fork tender. If a fork slides in easily when inserted, then it is fork tender and ready.
- Transfer pumpkin onto a serving dish, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley on top and serve immediately.