Soft and tender, easy-roasted pumpkin wedges with Parmesan cheese are one of the easiest and most delicious side dishes to make this Thanksgiving… or anytime this fall. This recipe is also gluten-free and packed with flavor! It’s a no-stress side that is perfect to serve any night of the week, especially on your Thanksgiving holiday table.
Roasted Pumpkin Wedges with Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pound kabocha pumpkin (kent or Japanese pumpkin) sliced into 3/4-inch thick wedges
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese freshly grated (for topping)
- 1 tsp fresh parsley finely chopped (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Slice the pumpkin into 3/4-inch thick wedges. If the pumpkin is too difficult to cut into, you can microwave it for 1 minute or bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes to soften it a bit before cutting into it, scooping out the seeds, and slicing.
- Transfer the pumpkin wedges into a large mixing bowl. Add olive oil, Italian seasoning, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine until well coated.
- Spread the pumpkin evenly into a single layer on a half sheet pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the pumpkin is fork tender. If a fork slides in easily when inserted, then it is fork tender and ready.
- Transfer pumpkin onto a serving dish, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley on top and serve immediately.