Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings are a delectable twist on the classic wing, celebrated for their simplicity and irresistible flavor. Crispy and golden, these wings are lightly battered, creating a delicate crunch that gives way to juicy, tender meat. The magic lies in the perfect balance of salt and pepper seasoning, which enhances the natural flavors of the chicken. The wings are often garnished with finely chopped green onions or cilantro, adding a fresh and aromatic element. Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings are a popular choice for those who appreciate the purity of flavors, offering a delightful combination of crispy texture and savory simplicity in every bite.
These amazing salt and pepper wings are baked, not fried, for a healthier and easier-to-make snack.
Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- lime and diced green onions for garnish (optional)
- Pat chicken wings dry using paper towels. Make sure that they are as dry as possible. If you have any extra time, leave wings to dry out in the fridge for around an hour, uncovered.
- Preheat the oven to 210C/410F. Line baking sheet with foil, or use parchment.
- Mix salt, garam masala, baking powder, and sugar in a large bowl. Add chicken wings into a bowl, drizzle olive oil on top and mix everything, making sure to cover the wings evenly.
- Layer wings on a baking sheet, making sure they are not touching.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve with lime wedges, topped with chopped scallions.