These hearty Portobello mushrooms are a taste sensation with their savory Italian bread crumb topping and subtle hint of sweetness at the finish.
Stuffed Vino Cotto Portobello Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1-2 tbsp Vino Cotto di Montillo
- 2 portobello mushrooms 3-inches round
- Coat an oven-proof glass dish with non-stick spray.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Wash mushrooms and place them upside down on a plate to drain. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, add butter and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Meltmargarine over low heat while stirring.
- Add the bread crumbs to the skillet and toss frequently to evenly coat the crumbs. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Drizz levino cotto inside each mushroom to taste.
- Fill with the bread crumb mixture.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the bread crumbs.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Loosely cover the mushrooms with tinfoil to prevent the bread crumbs from burning.
- Continue baking until the mushrooms are tender.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
CREDIT: Montillo Italian Foods
Want to make this recipe? Pick up the item featured in it:
|Vino Cotto di Montillo : Sweet “Cooked Wine” Syrup|