Add an Asian flavor to your dinner tonight! This stir-fry recipe is tangy, sweet, and savory. Mix in all of your favorite stir-fried veggies and serve it over your favorite kind of rice. Take your taste buds on a vibrant journey with this Tangerine Chicken Stir Fry – a tantalizing fusion of citrusy zest and savory perfection. Picture tender chicken slices wok-tossed to golden brown perfection, embracing the bright, tangy allure of fresh tangerine. Each bite bursts with the harmonious dance of sweet and savory flavors, complemented by a colorful medley of crisp vegetables. The result is a quick and enticing stir fry that elevates your weeknight dinner into a symphony of taste and texture. Say goodbye to takeout and hello to the irresistible allure of homemade Tangerine Chicken Stir Fry – where every bite is a burst of culinary bliss!
Tangerine Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 lb white meat chicken cut into cubes
- 1 lb stir fry vegetables (carrots, broccoli, mini corn, snow peas, etc)
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp sriracha (if you desire a spicier stir fry, just add a bit more)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp hoisin
- 1-1/2 tbsp tangerine marmalade
- 1 tsp Asian flavor and pepper blend (sweet peppers, garlic, ginger, black pepper, galangal, hot peppers, lemon grass, basil and cilantro – all to taste)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds lightly toasted in a pan – mix into finished stir fry
- Heat the wok on medium high heat and cook the chicken using half the sauce. Cook until done, about 4-6 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the remaining sauce cook the vegetables until desired doneness.
- Add the chicken back in and heat thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and toss in the toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve with your choice of rice.
CREDIT: Just Jan’s Jams.