Simple single-pot soup that is healthy and full of flavor! A medley of vibrant vegetables, tender chickpeas, and aromatic herbs simmering together, creating a comforting aroma that fills your kitchen. Whether you’re craving a cozy weeknight dinner or a hearty lunch, this soup is a bowlful of goodness that’s both satisfying and soul-soothing. Join us on a journey of simplicity and deliciousness as we craft a vegetable soup that’s as easy to make as it is delightful to savor.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 carrot chopped
- 2 celery stalks thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 2 cups butternut squash chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 cans 14 ½ oz each reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cans 15 oz each diced tomatoes
- 1 cans 15 oz chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary minced
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme minced
- 2 cups kale chopped, ribs and stems removed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, and celery and cook until onions are translucent, about 5minutes. Add the garlic, sweet potato, butternut squash, and bay leaves. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally so they don’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the vegetable broth, tomatoes, and chickpeas. Stir in the quinoa and season with fresh rosemary and thyme. Cook for 15minutes or until quinoa is soft. Stir in the kale and cook for an additional 5minutes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve warm.