Chimichurri is one of our favorite sauces and marinades, and we’ve almost always got a mason jar of it front and center in the fridge. It’s built for steak, but we love it just as much as a salad dressing or marinade for chicken or shrimp.
Argentine Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp Gustus Vitae Garlic Basil Sea Salt
- 1 medium bunch parsley
- 1 medium bunch cilantro
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1 Fresno pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, the juice of one lemon, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, Garlic Basil Sea Salt, and dried Oregano.
- Rinse and pat dry parsley and cilantro. Chop off and discard bottom stems, and finely chop leaves & stems, before adding to the mixing bowl.
- Peel and finely mince garlic and shallot, again adding to the bowl.
- Remove stems and seeds from peppers, mince, and add to bowl, before thoroughly washing your hands.
- Use a spoon to mix everything together, then pour off into a mason jar, seal, and refrigerate. It's ready to use now, but best after a day or two resting in the fridge.
May be kept refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!