Also known as crème caramel, this creamy custard dessert topped with caramel is truly divine.
- 5 eggs
- 390 g condensed milk
- 250 ml evaporated milk
- 500 ml heavy cream
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 302°F (150°C).
- Place the 1 cup sugar in a non-stick saucepan, melt sugar over medium heat. Allow the sugar to melt by swirling occasionally, do not stir, until it dissolves and begins to brown. Continue swirling the saucepan until the sugar becomes dark golden brown.
- Pour caramelized sugar into a 2 10×5 loaf pan or 6×4 oval cake pan and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Combine eggs, condensed and evaporated milk, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and the rest of the sugar (½ cup) in a mixer or blender for a minute or until everything is mixed together.
- Place the filled loaf pan into a larger pan and add 1 inch of hot water to the outer pan. Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until set. (See Note)
- Allow to cool, refrigerate.
- Serve by flipping the loaf pan over a plate (caramel on top). Serve cold.
- Use a mixer instead of a blender to avoid creating too many bubbles.
- You can cover your loaf pan with foil while baking to avoid browning.
- Check the center of the flan with a toothpick, Flan is done when toothpick comes out clean.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!