A delicious twist on brownies that is crunchy with just the perfect amount of sweetness. Change it up by adding nuts, dried fruits, or chocolate chips.
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp baking cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder optional
- Chopped walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, or peanuts optional
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg, oil, sugar, water and vanilla. Whisk together the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and, if desired, espresso powder; stir into egg mixture until blended.
- Spread into a greased or parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Top with chopped nuts if desired. Bake until very firm to the touch, 12-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Break into pieces. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and oil; stir until smooth. Drizzle over pieces. Let stand until set.
- Cool on a wire rack and then break into pieces.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and oil; stir until smooth. Drizzle over pieces. Let stand until set.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!