Chicken Piccata is a timeless classic! The dish features lightly breaded and fried chicken simmered in a delicious caper and lemon white wine sauce. Serve with your favorite steamed vegetables, rice or pasta, and a crusty piece of bread.
- 4 chicken breasts or thighs pounded to about ½ inch thick or cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 lemon zested
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus more as needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon juiced (about 1 ½ tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tbsp capers drained
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Combine the flour, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in flour mixture.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat and cook chicken about 4-5 minutes per side or until just until cooked through. Cook in batches if you cannot fit into pan. Remove from pan and place in a dish to keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt ¼ cup butter and add flour to create a roux. Whisk until smooth. Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth whisking after each addition until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, white wine and capers. Simmer 3 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Add chicken back to pan and simmer 2-3 minutes. Stir in parsley and serve over pasta.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!