Unleash the magic of molten decadence with Lava Cake – a dessert that promises an eruption of rich, gooey chocolate bliss in every bite. Imagine breaking through a perfectly baked exterior to reveal a river of warm, velvety chocolate lava that flows indulgently onto your plate. Quick to make but unforgettable in taste, this recipe is a celebration of dessert perfection. Whether you’re craving a sweet escape or planning a show-stopping finale to your meal, our Lava Cake is the epitome of indulgence – a symphony of textures and tastes that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight.
Make your night memorable with these luscious and incredibly decadent Chocolate Lava Cakes.
Chocolate Lava Cakes for 2
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp instant coffee powder optional
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Butter two 6-ounce ramekins or oven-safe mugs and place on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Ina medium bowl add in the butter and chocolate and gently melt either in the microwave or over a ban-Marie.
- Once melted, whisk in the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and coffee until well combined.
- Stir in the flour and salt and mix until just combined. Evenly divide the batter between the two prepared dishes.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or just until there is a jiggle in the center and the edges are set. A soft center ensures lovely lava on the inside.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 1 minute before carefully turning out each cake onto your serving dish. Enjoy immediately topped with some vanilla ice-cream.