Make your night memorable with these luscious and incredibly decadent Chocolate Lava Cakes.
Chocolate Lava Cakes for 2
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp instant coffee powder optional
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Butter two 6-ounce ramekins or oven-safe mugs and place on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Ina medium bowl add in the butter and chocolate and gently melt either in the microwave or over a ban-Marie.
- Once melted, whisk in the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and coffee until well combined.
- Stir in the flour and salt and mix until just combined. Evenly divide the batter between the two prepared dishes.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or just until there is a jiggle in the center and the edges are set. A soft center ensures lovely lava on the inside.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 1 minute before carefully turning out each cake onto your serving dish. Enjoy immediately topped with some vanilla ice-cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!