Dive into a culinary treasure trove with Clams and Mussels adorned in a decadent Sausage Ragu – a coastal feast that’s as indulgent as it is unforgettable. Imagine briny clams and plump mussels, bathed in a robust, savory sausage ragu that marries the flavors of the sea and the land. This symphony of tastes, enriched with aromatic herbs and tomatoes, promises a gastronomic journey that will transport you straight to the shores of indulgence. Prepare to savor the freshness of the ocean, the heartiness of sausage, and the richness of Italian tradition in every tantalizing bite. Your taste buds are in for an extraordinary treat!
A delicious mixed seafood dish – made easy. Best served with a crusty French or Italian bread.
Clams and Mussels with Frescobene Sausage Ragu
- 1 dozen dozen little neck clams (cleaned)
- 1 lb mussels (cleaned)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup bottled clam broth
- 20 oz pouch Frescobene Sausage Ragu
- crusty French/Italian bread
- Place Sausage Ragu pouch in a pot of boiling water (or microwave following directions on package).
- Heat oil and clam broth in separate pots.
- Add mussels and clams to broth and cover with a lid.
- Gently shake the pot every few minutes to stir.
- As the mussels and clams begin to open, remove them from the pot and place them in a bowl.
- Once all of the mussels and clams are done, cut the corner of the Sausage Ragu pouch and pour the sauce on top of the mussels and clams.
- Serve immediately with the bread.
CREDIT: Frescobene Foods
Want to make this recipe? Pick up the item featured in it: