Here’s a great new recipe! Give it a try with Mokk-a’s Cafe Italia.
Tacos are great just about any day of the week and these are sure to please.
Coffee-Rubbed Steak Tacos
- 2 teaspoons ground Cafe Italia
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2⅓ cups milk
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1½ teaspoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (1 pound) New York strip steaks
- 12 corn tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Stir together the brown sugar, chili powder, coffee, paprika, 2 teaspoons of salt, and the black pepper in a small bowl to combine. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Rub the coffee mixture all over the steaks, covering completely. Sear the steaks for about 2 minutes per side, until a golden brown crust forms. Transfer to the oven and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until the meat registers 125°F on a meat thermometer. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
PRODUCER CREDIT : Mokk-a