Awaken your taste buds with Coffee-Rubbed Steak Tacos – a bold and flavorful twist that elevates taco night to a whole new level. Picture tender, perfectly grilled steak coated in a tantalizing rub where the rich essence of coffee meets a symphony of spices. Each bite is a celebration of smoky, savory goodness, perfectly complemented by the freshness of crisp taco shells and vibrant toppings. It’s a fiesta for your palate, combining the robust kick of coffee with the sizzle of perfectly seasoned steak. Get ready to spice up your taco game and treat your taste buds to an unforgettable journey of flavors!
Tacos are great just about any day of the week and these are sure to please. The ground coffee helps lock in the steak’s juices which makes it incredibly moist and tender.
Coffee-Rubbed Steak Tacos
- 2 tsp ground Mokk-a Café Italia
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2-⅓ cups milk
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp paprika
- 1½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs New York strip steaks (2 steaks, 1-pound each)
- 12 corn tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Stir together the brown sugar, chili powder, coffee, paprika, 2 teaspoons of salt, and the black pepper in a small bowl to combine.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Rub the coffee mixture all over the steaks, covering completely.
- Sear the steaks for about 2 minutes per side, until a golden brown crust forms.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until the meat registers 125°F on a meat thermometer.
- Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
CREDIT : Mokk-a
Want to make this recipe? Pick up the item featured in it: