Succulent corned beef, perfectly seasoned and slow-cooked to fork-tender perfection, alongside vibrant cabbage and hearty potatoes. The aroma alone is a nostalgic journey to the heart of Irish kitchens. Quick to prepare but timeless in taste, this recipe promises a comforting, hearty meal that brings the warmth of tradition to your table.
This is the dish most think about when Saint Patrick’s Day rolls around… and for good reason. It is incredibly delicious! Best served with a thick slice of Sweet Irish Soda Bread and a hearty pint!
Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 4 lbs corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 8 medium red potatoes cut into 1” wedges
- 5 medium carrots peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 large head of cabbage cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Kosher salt and black pepper for seasoning, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse corned beef brisket under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Place corned beef brisket into a large roasting pan, fat side up. Spread mustard evenly over the top of the brisket and sprinkle with the contents of seasoning packet. Tightly cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil and place in oven for2-1/2 hours.
- Place potatoes and carrots in a large bowl; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, toss to coat. Drizzle olive oil over cabbage wedges; season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven. Carefully remove the foil and pour the chicken broth around the corned beef. Evenly place seasoned carrots and potatoes around the brisket and top with cabbage wedges. Tightly seal pan with aluminum foil and return to oven for 1½ to 2 hours.
- Remove brisket from pan and loosely tent with aluminum foil. Let rest 15 minutes. Slice brisket and serve with veggies.