A delicious twist on traditional pasta carbonara utilizing zoodles in place of pasta. So creamy, tasty, and satisfying.
Fettuccini Zoodles (zucchini noodles) in a Chicken Mushroom Carbonara Sauce
- 6 Large Zucchini for Fettuccini Zoodles
- 1 Onion chopped
- 5 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 16 Cremini or Button Mushroom sliced
- 1 cup Grated Fresh Parmesan
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 quart 35% Whipping Cream
- 6 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 Slices of Bacon diced
- 1 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast sliced into strips
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Make Fettuccini Zoodles buy making ½ inch slits into the zucchini and then use a vegetable peeler to slice.
- Separate 3 egg yolks into a bowl and then mix in ¾ of parmesan into the egg yolks.
- Cook at medium high heat on stove top.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and lightly sear chicken breast strips, then remove.
- Add chopped bacon and cook till it is crisp, then remove.
- Add chopped onion to pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add Mushrooms in pan stir, cover and let the mixture sweat for 2 minutes, then remove the lid.
- Add garlic, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cream and let it reduce till it is thick enough to coat a spoon.
- Add chicken and most bacon (keep ¼ of bacon for garnish at the end).
- Add “Zoodles” and cover and let the mixture sweat for 2 minutes, then remove the lid and mix (do not overcook the zoodles or they will be to soft).
- TURN OFF HEAT, then mix in the egg yolk and parmesan mixture.
- Serve garnished with the remaining fresh parmesan and bacon and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!