Classic savory onion soup topped with delicious lightly browned cheese.
French Onion Soup
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 cups Onions Sliced
- 1/2 cup Dry Sherry
- 64 oz Beef Broth
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Sliced Baguette
- Fiscalini Farmstead Lionza Cheese Sliced or Shredded
- Melt Butter and Olive Oil in an 8 qt. stock pot over medium heat.
- Sauté Onions until translucent. Do not brown.
- Add Sherry, Beef broth, and Thyme. Let simmer 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven broiler.
- Ladle soup into oven safe serving bowls and place one slice of bread on top of each (bread may be broken into pieces if you prefer).
- Layer each slice of bread with a slice of Fiscalini Lionza Cheese.
- Place bowls on cookie sheet and broil in the preheated oven until cheese bubbles and browns slightly.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!