These mini desserts are a fun, elegant, yet easy dessert that only take about 15 minutes to put together. They are also vegetarian, gluten-free, and even Weight Watchers friendly. They are meant to be served on a spoon, to be the perfect bite sized treat.
Fresh Strawberries with No-Bake Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- Food processor
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 1 whole avocado
- 2 tbsp agave
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
Vessel and Topping
- 8 fresh strawberries 7 for the vessels, 1 to chop and use as a topping
- 14 squares of a dark chocolate bar cut in half
- Unsweetened coconut finely chopped
- 8 whole strawberries
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh and put into a small blender or food processor.
- Add the agave, cocoa powder, vanilla, milk, and almond extract. Blend until very smooth.
- Cut7 strawberries in half and put ½ a strawberry (sliced side up with stem) on a spoon.
- Fill a pastry bag full of avocado chocolate mousse. Pipe a dollop of mousse onto each strawberry half (as you would onto a cupcake). If you don't have a piping bag, you can use a ziplock bag (just cut off one corner) and pipe the mousse in a circular motion.
- Cut each square of chocolate in half. Add a half piece of chocolate to each strawberry spoon.
- Remove any remaining strawberry stems and finely chop the strawberries, then sprinkle a few pieces on top of the mousse, placing them in front of the chocolate bar piece.
- Garnish with sprinkles of coconut and whole strawberries on the plate.