This rich & decadent fudge wreath only takes 5 minutes to prepare and another and 5 minutes to cook. Simple, fun, festive, and delicious!
Simple, fun, festive, and delicious!
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate morsels
- 9 oz butterscotch morsels
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz walnut halves
- 1/2 cup currants
- Candied cherries for garnish, optional
- Grease an 8-inch cake pan lightly with softened butter, set aside.
- Place a heavy pot on the stove and preheat it over low heat. Add chips and milk and stir until chips are melted and milk combined. Save the empty condensed milk can. Stir in vanilla and remove fudge from heat. Add nuts and currants and stir in immediately.
- Cover the empty condensed milk can with plastic food wrap and center it in the greased cake pan. Spoon fudge into pan around can, making sure to re-center the can if it drifts.
- The fudge will set up almost immediately. Garnishes can only be added in the first minute or two to the fudge is in the pan, so work quickly. Decorate your wreath with "holly" made from cut candied red and green cherries.
- Chill covered in the refrigerator and slice very thin when ready to serve (a little goes a long way).
-Instead of candied cherries, you can use colored candy (like M&Ms) in red and green. -A wreath left plain can be garnished with a pretty fabric bow when serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!