Fondue is always a crowd-pleaser. This recipe is great for parties or small gatherings. It is easy, fun, and delicious. Grab a few handfuls of your favorite chocolate Halloween candy, some bulk chocolate, a small slow-cooker or crockpot, and a little heavy cream… and enjoy a decadent and fun Fondue!
Halloween Candy Fondue
- Slow cooker / crockpot
- 6 oz milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- 8 chocolate bars (fun size bars) roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, or half-and-half room temperature
- 1 cup fresh strawberries washed and trimmed
- 1 whole fresh banana cut into 1-inch slices
- Pound cake cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 oz potato chips
- Gather all of the ingredients.
- Turn on the crockpot to its lowest setting, or just plug it in if there's only one setting, and allow it to preheat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in the chocolate chips. Use a clean dishtowel or oven mitt to hold the crockpot in place while you stir the chips with a wooden or silicone spoon to help them start melting.
- When the chips begin to melt, add in half the heavy cream and continue to stir until chocolate is mostly melted.
- Add the remaining cream and stir until mixture is smooth and free of lumps.
- Add the chopped candy bars, and stir until just coated with chocolate. The more you stir, the more the candy bars will melt. If you let them melt too much, you may not be able to tell which candy bar you used.
- Add the candy bars.
- Serve immediately with fondue forks, regular forks, or skewers for dipping. Enjoy!
- Butterfinger with dark chocolate and bananas.
- Milky Way with milk chocolate and fresh strawberries.
- Snickers with dark chocolate and salty potato chips.