Crisp on the outside and marshmallow-y on the inside, meringue cookies are easy and delicious!
Heart-Shaped Meringue Cookies
- Stand mixer
- Piping bag
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- Red gel food coloring
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the egg whites and beat on medium low speed until foamy.
- Add the cream of tartar and continue to beat until soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar a little at a time and continue to beat until the meringue hold stiff peaks and when the mixture is rubbed between your fingers it is not at all gritty.
- Add red gel food coloring to your desired color. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 200F.
- Transfer the meringue to a pastry bag with your desired tip.
- Hold the parchment down to the cookie sheet with a little meringue in the corners. Pipe the meringue into heart shapes on the prepared sheets. A finger dabbed in water can be used to flattened out the spike at the end of piping or just leave it if you like the way it looks.
- Bake for 90-120 min. depending on size. They can be easily checked to see if they are dried out enough but they do dry also with cooling. Let cool on the baking sheets and then remove to an airtight container.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!