I love this recipe! Perfect for when you are craving a bit of chocolate and a bit of cheesecake but you don’t want to make a huge one. Or you are entertaining and would like some cute bite-sized desserts to serve. These simple no-fail mini cheesecakes are also delicious with a splash of Irish Cream liqueur.
Hot Cocoa Cheesecake Minis
- 10 Oreo cookies crushed finely or chopped in a food processor
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 16 oz Cream Cheese softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Irish Cream Liqueur optional
- 2 large eggs
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 325°F with a rack in the center position. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- Combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter; press onto bottoms of 12 paper-lined muffin cups. Bake for 8 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup cocoa powder in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or using a hand-held mixer) until blended. Mix in the Bailey's Irish Cream, if using. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Do not over mix. Distribute the batter evenly among the cookie crust cups.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until the centers are almost set. Place on a rack and cool completely. Refrigerate for two hours.
Decorative Chocolate Handles
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the semisweet chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave using 30 second intervals, stirring with a spatula after each interval. Spoon the chocolate into a re-sealable Ziploc bag. Cut a very small piece off one bottom corner of the bag; pipe the chocolate into 12 small 'C' shapes, resembling cup handles, onto the lined baking sheet. Freeze until solid and ready to use.
- Remove the liners from the cheesecakes. Beat the cream and remaining teaspoon of sugar in a separate medium bowl with a mixer on high speed until soft peaks form; spoon onto the cheesecakes. Dust with remaining cocoa powder; top with marshmallows. Gently press the chocolate handles into the side of each cheesecake.