Wild Rice Soup is a comforting and hearty dish that combines the earthy richness of wild rice with a medley of wholesome ingredients. This velvety soup often features a flavorful base of chicken or vegetable broth, complemented by tender pieces of cooked chicken, vegetables like carrots and celery, and sometimes mushrooms. The star of the show, wild rice, adds a nutty and chewy texture, infusing the soup with depth. Cream or milk is often added to create a luscious consistency, while herbs and seasonings enhance the overall flavor profile. Wild Rice Soup is a soul-warming bowl of goodness, embodying the comfort of home-cooked meals and the rustic charm of heartwarming flavors.
The soup warms you from the inside out. It is so easy to make–a set and forget dish for sure!
Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup
- 5 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 5 stalks celery chopped
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup wild rice uncooked
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
ADD AT THE END
- 1 cup kale leaves chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk any kind
- Add all the soup base ingredients, carrots through rosemary, to the Instant Pot and stir to combine. Cover, seal the lid, and cook on manual/high pressure for 40 minutes. When finished, use the quick release function to vent steam. Open the lid and toss in the kale, leaving the Instant Pot on the keep warm setting.
- To make the roux, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour, and cook for 1-2 minutes. Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly, until the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Pour the roux into the Instant Pot, stir everything together to combine well, and serve. Enjoy!